The Shared Mirror Publishing House
Our new book, Mahad: The March That’s Launched Every Day, from the pioneering human rights activist, Dalit thinker and Ambedkarite leader, Bojja Tharakam (1939-2016), is ready to be ordered.
Mahad and the erasure of real history
How did mainstream Indian history miss such a watershed event that subterraneously set the tone for all protest movements in India for the last 90 years? The same dominant social forces that fashioned Dandi into a defining project of anti-colonial, anti-imperialist, nationalist movements also erased all traces of Mahad from mainstream history. Gandhi and Dandi are alluring dominant narratives, almost myths, that are told and retold every day, to drown the din of the Mahads being launched every day.
There are many such stark insights in this book that only Bojja Tharakam could have offered:
- Dandi was projected as an urgent need whereas Mahad voiced a millennia-old concern.
- The Dandi marchers did not break any law, whereas at Mahad, the ‘laws’ of Hindu society were broken.
- A very complaisant state looked the other way when Dandi was being planned and executed, while Mahad had to face both an openly antagonistic society and a dilatory government.
- Dandi happened at a stage when the colonial state was actively mulling over ‘independence’, while Mahad was the battle that started the continuing war for total freedom for all marginalised sections of India.
How to order
To place an order, please email the following details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Your Name
* Your Postal Address
* Number of Copies
* Your Phone Number
* Method of Payment (see options below).
How to Pay
(i) Via Paytm, transferring Rs 100 (discounted price plus postage) for each copy:
(ii) Transfer Rs 100 (discounted price plus postage) for each copy to the THE SHARED MIRROR PUBLISHING HOUSE’s bank account (details are given below).
(ii) Or order via VPP and pay Rs 100 (discounted price plus postage) on delivery.
(iv) Or you can order it on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.in/Mahad-March-Thats-Launched-Every/dp/8192993094/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1538281024&sr=1-2&keywords=mahad
Account: THE SHARED MIRROR PUBLISHING HOUSE
Bank: AXIS BANK
Branch: Musheerabad, Hyderabad
Account number: 915020033000788
IFSC Code: UTIB0001112
About the Book
Title: Mahad: The March That’s Launched Every Day (Paperback)
Author: Bojja Tharakam
Number of pages: 56
Copyright: 2018, Bojja Tharakam Trust
Facebook Page: Here.