2015 Ambedkar Award from FFEI
Last date to receive nominations: May 31, 2015 (Sunday)
Award presentation: June 28, 2015 (Sunday) in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
Please share this news with friends and among groups you are a member of.
If no or enough nominations come by the specified date, the committee will select a person (among known personalities in India) for the Award.
Prize money: The prize amount is Rs. 50,000 and a memento.
Donors (so far):
Mr. Sornam Sankar, US $400
(If unable to raise enough donations to cover the award money, the rest of the amount will come from FFEI funds)
Address to send nominations (hard copy):
B Raja Rao, Principal
APSWR School, AMC Market Yard
West Godavari Dist.
Andhra Pradesh 534406
Please send a soft copy to me by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Anyone who used Dr Ambedkar philosophical thought to improve Indian society can be nominated.
- Preference will be given to Dalit youth with a penchant for social change.
- Nominations can be sent by anyone with all relevant details.
- Only living persons at the time of nomination are eligible.
The following information is needed in the nomination form
1. Name of the person
2. Names of both parents
3. Complete Address
5. Achievements and contributions to the development of marginalized societies in India.Please write a few paragraphs listing all achievements. Attach newspaper cuttings (if any)
6. Why he/she is the right candidate to receive this award:
Please write your comments on the person.
7. References: Please provide at least 2 references with telephone numbers.
8. Last date to receive nominations: As mentioned above
9. Address to send nominations: As mentioned above. Please send a soft copy to me.
10. Please submit nominations in English only.
Award presentation: As mentioned above.
- Previous applicants can be nominated again. Previous recipients will not be considered.
- Nominations without complete information will not be considered.
- Nominations are called from all over India.
- An individual can’t nominate himself or herself and should be nominated by others.
- Selection will be done by a committee.
a. Prof Shiva Shankar, Chennai, Vice President FFEI-India
b. Ms. Asha Kowtal, Delhi, Social Activist, President, AIDMAM (All India Dalit Mahila Adhikar Manch)
c. Mr. Lalith Khandare, Maharashtra, Scholar
d. Ms. Cynthia Stephen, Bengaluru, Writer and Researcher
e. Ms. Jayant Pathri, Maharashtra, Social Activist
Previous awardees (award money is different in each case):
2004: Mr. Manav Virdi, Punjab
2006: Kalaprapurna Dr Endluri Chinnaiah, Hyderabad and Ms Sheetal, Maharashtra, Intl Karate awardee
2007: Khabar Lahariya, Grassroots level journalists, UP and Ms Baby Kamble, Maharashtra for her book “The Prisons We Broke”
2013: Dr. Ravi Chandran, Founder, Dalit Camera
2014: Ms. Manisha Devi, Haryana, All Indian Dalit Mahila Adhikar Manch
~ Benjamin Kaila